Sunday, October 26, 2014

Issues and Trends final post

I gained a new level of awareness about Issues and Trends in International Early Childhood Education through my own research and the information provided by my colleagues in this course.  The three major consequences of this study for me are:

1.  learning the importance of understanding different cultural perspectives on early childhood education before trying to relate to immigrant and non-English speaking families being served in my classrooms.

2. increasing my own multicultural understanding both personally and professionally as well as gaining some new ideas of how to incorporate more international studies into my classroom curriculum.

3.  identifying and learning to access resources locally, nationally, and internationally that can benefit young children of diverse cultural backgrounds in my classroom.

If I had to identify a major goal coming out of this course, it would be to start a blog or a website dedicated to assisting EC professionals in addressing issues and improving relations with immigrant and non-English speaking families within every community by outlining policies, attitudes, issues and trends related to every country in the world.  It is a small world after all...and preschool is the perfect place to foster the peace and understanding that can unite humanity.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your posts and discussions. Good Luck in your future classes, and I hope to be in class with you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking for your posts as they were always one of the more worthwhile to respond to, and see you haven't done any this class-- unless they are under a different blog? I hope you are ok and if you need any help ctc me at Reneebaday@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete