Friday, March 28, 2014

Passion Post Card

"The passion I had when I started is just as great as it ever was. Maybe, greater because I've seen the wonderful impact that using, what I call, an anti-bias approach has not just had on the children, but on the teachers who have to kind of figure out who they are and understand themselves and uncover their own discomforts and misinformation.  So, I see adults finding their voice as a result of doing this work.  It's like they reclaim and heal...So, the passion to create a safe, more just world for all kids is there."  
Louise Derman-Sparks
Professor Emeritus
Pacific Oak College, CA

Resource:
Walden University Course Media: "The Passion for Early Childhood"

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Louise part of the video. I feel like she is describing me. It has taken a while for me to find a job that makes me feel confident and now that i have i enjoy work more then ever before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love at the en how she says that the safe place is here for the children. Such an eye opener!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too chose this as one of my inspirational quotes. She hits the nail on the head with this comment and a true born, natural teacher are ones like her. Dedicated, determined and passionate about teaching and children while making a difference in any way possible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie,
    I did not choose this quote but I agree with it to the fullest. My passion for teaching children has become my life. I always find myself trying to find ways to help my children learn and grow into young leaders of tomorrow. Yes I agree as a teacher you have to find that calling in order to do your best.

    ReplyDelete