Friday, June 27, 2014

All Dogs Have ADHD by Mary Hoopman


Mary Hoopman has authored several children's books in an attempt to lessen the stigma and increase understanding around such confusing disorders as ADHD and Aspergers.  By attributing the characteristics of these disorders to beloved pets like cats and dogs, she is able to help us understand and personify characteristics of the disorder that are so often misunderstood.  By relating to these animals, we can also relate to our loved ones suffering from these disorders with a new perspective.  I believe these books are a must in any early childhood library because it not only helps those with the disorder identify and understand their own behaviors, but helps friends and family become more tolerant and understanding of the disorders as well.  By sharing this information, we help these children to find the support they need to reach their full potential.  Isn't that why we do what we do as Early Childhood Professionals?

I have included the link in two different ways to ensure easy viewing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HvHVyrnqbA



1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you decided to put a video clip. That clip was very good. I also just want to say thank you for your support not only this course but since March. I hope to see you in my courses again but if not good luck. I know you will do great things.

    ReplyDelete