Saturday, February 28, 2015

Hopes and Goals For a Better World



I've reposted this video in hopes that more of my fellow students have a chance to experience it's powerful message.  As early childhood professionals, we all hope to inspire young children to be confident, courageous, and contributing members of our society, but what are we really teaching them?  What do our words and actions really say?  One hope that I have when I think about working with children and families of diverse backgrounds is that my unconscious words and actions, the lessons I won't remember teaching, have a positive impact.  This can only be achieved through self-reflective practices, open-minded attitudes, and a deep desire to truly partner with others to advocate for equity and social justice for all.

One goal I have set for myself professionally as well as for the early childhood field is that we learn to be more confident, courageous and contributive voices in a larger social setting of the importance and opportunities that exist in early childhood classrooms to actually help achieve world peace. While this may sound over-reaching to some, and overwhelming to others, I believe that we have the power to change the world one child at a time.

I want to take this opportunity to thank each of you for joining me in this task and this program, for being a part of both my personal and professional journey, and for all the little and large ways you are contributing to making our classrooms, communities and our country a better place.

Reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YshUDa10JYY

No comments:

Post a Comment